Welcome to the new Orange County Asperger’s Support Group (OCASG) website. This mobile friendly website will hopefully fulfill our promise of providing education, support, and social activities to help improve the lives of families and individuals dealing with high functioning autism and Asperger’s.
- A cornerstone of this website is our blogspace. Through our blogs we will share our experiences and expertise.
- We also have created a Facebook group. We encourage you to follow us on Facebook. Note that Facebook will be replacing Yahoo Groups as the portal for discussions.
- Note that MemberPlanet will continue to be the platform for OCASG coordination. All OCASG members have a login account. MemberPlanet is used to manage emails, financial transaction, activities and more.
- We will continue to host a Meetup group to help advertise our programming to new people.
As the president of OCASG, I am pleased to share some highlights for this year.
- New Social Coordinator: OCASG has hired Marilynn Linnell as our social coordinator. Marilyn is the mother of two and has already planned and executed three social events: the Digimon Movie, Howie’s Game Day, and Bowling/Miniature Golf. We have been thrilled to see the great turn out for these activities, as new friends are fostered and parents share concerns and ideas.
- Spectrum Speaker Series: We have a fabulous year of guest speakers scheduled for 2018.Topics range from finding employment, acquiring benefits, developing financial plans and more. LEARN MORE
- Toastmasters: The OCASG Toastmasters Gavel Club continues to assist our members who want to improve their public speaking and communications skills. Please join us on the second Saturday of the month. LEARN MORE
- Dr. Gantman Support Groups and Workshops: Our partnership with Dr. Gantman continues with Parents and Adult Support Groups. Starting this Saturday, March 31, Dr. Gantman will run a three part workshop on Conquering Emotions. Please join us.
- North County Support Group: North County members continues with monthly support meetings organized by members Kerry Podue and Kevin Curriston at the iHOP in Placentia. Meetings are held on the last Monday of the month.NEXT MEETING
- Chance Theater Speak Up: OCASG partnered with the Chance Theater in Anaheim to offer a five week workshop for teens. This workshop used theater games to help build confidence and acting skills. LEARN MORE
- Interns at OCASG: We are hosting two interns, David Vu from Cal State Fullerton and Paul Croulet from the Riordan Institute.
- New OC Resource Guide: This month we just published the first edition of the OCASG OC Autism Resource Guide. Our intern, David Vu, put together this list of nonprofits, service providers, and agency offering programming for individuals with ASD. DOWNLOAD NOW
- 2018 Annual Survey: Help us help you. We are conducting a simple 10 question survey that will help us define programming and advocate for you. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey. TAKE SURVEY. We will be sharing the results in an upcoming blog.