Executive Skills for Academic Success Workshop
February 20 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until April 3, 2021
Is your teen struggling in school because of deficits in executive functioning (planning, working memory, attention, problem solving, verbal reasoning, inhibition, mental flexibility, multi-tasking, initiation, and monitoring of actions)? OCASG is partnering with Educational Therapist, Karen Lerner, to offer an Online Executive Skills Workshop for teens (ages 13-22) and their parents.
Parents (only) Sessions: (Saturday Afternoon @3-4pm)
- 2/20/21: Independence Goals and Strategies for Independence.
- 2/27/21: Understanding the Support Systems and Advocating versus Managing for Support.
Teens Sessions: (Saturday Afternoons @3-4pm)
- 3/6/21: The Executive Function Strategy of Organization (time management, material management, prioritizing, planning)
- 3/13/21: The Executive Functions of Goal-Directed Persistence and Advocacy
- 3/20/21: The Executive Function of Self-Regulation
- 3/27/21: The Executive Function of Working Memory
- 4/3/21: Reading Comprehension and Written Expression
Fees: $100 for members. $140 for non-members.
Note if you only want 2/20 and 2/27 sessions $40.